Wed, 15 Mar|
ADHD in Women
Join Gráinne for a presentation all about ADHD in women.
Time & Location
15 Mar, 19:30 – 20:30
About the Event
There is increasing recognition that females with ADHD show a somewhat modified set of behaviors, symptoms and comorbidities when compared with males with ADHD.
Tourette’s Scotland are going to have an online presentation outlining:
- What ADHD is and how does it affect us in everyday life.
- How the role of Dopamine directly impacts the ADHD brain.
- How ADHD affects higher cognitive processes that regulate, control and manage our thoughts and actions.
- General areas that ADHD impacts upon women’s lives in relation to masking, fawning, rejection sensitivity disorder amongst other things.
- Why we need to reduce the stigma around having ADHD and how acceptance can help women to be more compassionate towards themselves about the reality at hand.